Developers can submit applications (open source or proprietary) for intelligent / smart cities related to the following five categories:
- The innovation / knowledge economy of cities: Applications related to activities of main sectors of a city, such as manufacturing, business services, financial services, commerce, tourism, education, research, recreation, health, etc.
- Living in cities / Quality of Life: Applications for improving the quality of life, environmental monitoring and alert, social care, social services, social divides, safety in the public space.
- City infrastructure and Utilities: Applications for transport and mobility, energy, water, broadband networks, and the corresponding utilities.
- City Governance: Applications for administration services to citizens, decision-making and democracy, participatory planning, monitoring and measurement of city performance.
- Generic, enabling the creation of applications in any of the above four categories, and software for data gathering and management, and setting sensor networks in cities.
Combination of the above applications at the level of city or city district (central business / financial district, historic centre, shopping centre / malls, industrial areas, technology and business park, university campus, health district, port area, airport area, sports and recreation areas) make their working smarter .
The following types of applications can be considered as related to cities in contrast to applications related to its constituent objects:
- City representation: Applications which concern the digital representation or guide of the city.
- City sector development and management: Applications which concern an entire sector of economic activity or cluster of interrelated activities within a city (all hotels in the city, entertainment in the city, etc.).
- City district development and management: Applications which concern the functioning or management of a city district, a university campus, Central Business District, technology district
- City infrastructure: Applications which concern the use, functioning and management of city infrastructure and utilities (transport, power, water, waste, broadband).
- Citizens contribution aggregation: Applications which rely on collaboration or collective intelligence of users and citizens (i.e. reporting of incidents, collaborative content creation).
- City services: Applications for the provision of administration, social, community, safety, and environmental services to citizens by organisations and authorities.
- Location-based services: Applications for the provision of services relying on spatial proximity (i.e. location-based services, local offerings and promotions of products and services).
- City management: Applications for planning and managing the development of the city (i.e. city planning, consultation, decision making).
Overall, applications which improve collaboration within the city and mainly the involvement of users in defining problems and finding solutions.
Add your application
Your application will be reviewed by ICOS management body. You will be notified upon publication.